Mara Community Events
- For information on booking the park or hosting events email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The skating rink is ready to go! Helmets are required and please sign a waiver before hitting the ice.
- Zumba with Brianna is happening at the hall Mondays @7:00 pm ($10/class)
- Enderby Recreation Yoga with Lori resumes on Fridays, March 3 - May 12th @9:30 - 10:30 am. (10 classes for $63 Adult, $54 Senior, or use your previously purchased passes )
- Get your MM&AA Membership by contacting Sharon Trott or Todd Couch or sending an email using the form below. The fee is $20/household, and that includes the community calendar. Extra calendars are available at a cost of $15.
- Check out Mara Commuminty Info and Happenings Facebook Page
- DIXIE FRIED HEP KATZ Tickets also available from Sharon Trott (see her post on our Facebook Page)
- JOIN US AT THE HALL FOR THIS
- EXCITING COMMUNITY EVENT!
Putula Park was created in 1986 when the MM&AA took responsibility for the facility, initially marked by a skating rink/tennis court and a gazebo.
More recent upgrades to the park include a playground, baseball diamond, and soccer pitch, facilitating community celebrations and athletics.
Watch for the seasonal Farmer's Market!
Rental Agreement PDF
For information on booking the park or hosting events email email@example.com
Community Care Line
The Mara Community Care Group exists to provide emergency and short term assistance to members of our community. We are here to help. If you live in Mara and need:
• A ride
• A friendly visit
• A meal
• A helping hand
If you are aware of someone who has recently moved in to the neighbourhood, please let us know.
Call 250.838.7599 and leave a message. A Volunteer will return your call.
Historical Background Click Here
(Vernon & District Family History Society)
For cemetery information email
Mara Community Church
396 Riverside Road
Interdenominational church services with weekly Sunday services at 11:00 am
We support our community by:
Mara Provincial Park
11 Coell Jones Road
Mara Hall is available for rent to the public for weddings, business meetings, dances, concerts and other events. The hall comes complete with a kitchen, piano and stage.
Seats 120. Tables and chairs are available.
Click here for photos
Rental Agreement PDF
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Mara Musical and Athletic Association (MMAA)?
For many years, the association focused on community events, including celebrations, plays, musicals, and the support of athletic activities, while operating and maintaining the community hall and cemetery.
Current Association activities include operation and maintenance of our facilities, largely funded by the Regional District. A telephone help line, post secondary scholarships, and a Christmas hamper program, are paid for through donations, fund raising events and Association membership fees.
To reach MMAA with your questions, comments or to say hello complete this form.